NNWFHS Meetings & Events


About This Website

The text is too small. How can I change the size?

The overall text sizes used on the screens are controlled by a standard setting. You can change what you see by using the  A+ A A- in the banner at the top of the screen.

A makes the text larger
A sets it back to standard
A makes the text smaller

Give it a go and see what you like best.

How can I change my password/ What do I do if I can't remember my password?

To change your password, enter your ‘ Username’ as usual, but then click on the link ‘ forgot your password ?’. This will take you to a screen that says : Please enter the email address for your account. A verification token will be sent to you. Once you have received the token, you will be able to choose a new password for your account.

Enter your email address as requested and press submit. Check your email and you should have received a notification that gives a token number  (lots of letters and numbers) and a link back to the website. Highlight the token number and copy it, then follow the link back to the website. Paste the token into the box and press submit. You will then be asked to enter a new password.

About Our Society

Most of your questions about our society will probably be answered on the "About Us" page or the "Membership" pages.

Help With My FH Research

Can you help me find living people?

Nuneaton & North Warwickshire Family History Society cannot help you to find living relatives but we do understand that you may wish to find long-lost cousins.

Here are some links that may help you to find living people.  Do remember that not everyone will share your enthusiasm for family history and some living relatives may not want to be found.  It is good practice to make the first approach by letter rather than a phone call and always enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope for a reply.  Any information you gain about living relatives should not be passed on to a third party and should never be put onto the internet.

UK Telephone Directory
The Phone Book allows you to search for residential numbers that are not registered as ex-directory.

UK Electoral Roll & Telephone Numbers
The 192 website at
http://www.192.com/ gives limited access to information from the electoral rolls. Full information is available only if you purchase a subscription. Be aware that current legislation allows the person concerned to have their information withheld.

UK Postcodes
The Post Office website at 
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm gives access to the postcodes of specific addresses and plots the address on a map.

Social networking sites
You may find people that you are looking for on websites such as
Friends Reunited and Genes Reunited

Intermediary tracing services
Salvation Army

Internet search engines
You may have success by simply entering the name of the person you are looking for into a search engine such as Google or Yahoo.

How can I obtain a copy of a birth, marriage or death certificate?

To see our informative article on Civil Registration and obtaining BMD certificates click here. 

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information