All parishes

Please use this where your query covers more than one parish.

Moderator: LisaJC

Jacqui

All parishes

Post by Jacqui » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm

NNWFHS volunteers are beavering away to produce affordable short booklets for each parish in the Society's working area. The plan had been to launch the series (well, a major part of it!) at a Fair this summer. That is unlikely to happen as intended, but we will hopefully be able to have a proper launch in the autumn...fingers crossed.

The volunteers who have worked on a parish will have come across all manner of "titbits" so post your questions on the individual parish's board - and hope for some answers. At first, until more subscribers join, comments will be limited - but the nature of discussion boards is that you can find a reply posted months later. So keep checking back periodically!

NNWFHS Publications Team
Suzie Woodward

Re: All parishes

Post by Suzie Woodward » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:04 am

I have been doing some booklets and come across some amazing information. Now, since we are confined to our homes and can only get out to walk, I wonder if this is chance for everyone resident in the N Warks area to take their camera with them and take some photos of important landmarks in their parish? These could then be submitted to the new website when it's up and running.

BUT for starters how about photos of all the Grade II listed telephone kiosks in the area!! Yes, a Grade II listed red K6 telephone kiosk! Who knew?? There's one in Shustoke and one in Fillongley that I know about. How many more are there? Can we get photos of them?

Have a think about it.
Suzie
Jacqui

Photographs

Post by Jacqui » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:00 am

What a brilliant idea! Out for your local daily exercise, grab the camera (or phone!) and click away.
Picturesque scenes...buildings too! Check out Historic England website https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/ for the place of your walk and you will be surprised at what is "Listed". Be a little canny if it is someone's home!! NNWFHS leaflets would welcome pix of what were school buildings but now in use for other purposes...village hall, house, whatever!
Please get clicking - and give your daily walk a little more purpose!
Jacqui
LisaJC

Post by LisaJC » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:44 am

I’m just trying out the uploading of files to see what happens!
Attachments
20EE975E-3314-4A2A-98B0-F5A38E6EAE11.jpeg
20EE975E-3314-4A2A-98B0-F5A38E6EAE11.jpeg (90.78 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Lisa Crankshaw
Forum Admin :D
Jacqui

Post by Jacqui » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:24 am

It works! What a super photo: off duty group of pals...most of them with a cigarette! How times change!
Jacqui
LisaJC

Post by LisaJC » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:23 am

The chap laying down at the front is my great uncle Bill. He lived in Coventry and also for a time in Bedworth.
Lisa Crankshaw
Forum Admin :D