Four miles south-east of Sutton Coldfield
The village was called Witscaga in the Domesday Book of 1086. It was owned by the Knights Templar until passing to the Beresford family. The modern village is a scattering of houses but with no village centre. The church is 13th century and was restored in 1887. It is believed to occupy the site of a Roman church.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009