The King Edward VI Grammar School was established in 1552 by a royal charter and was originally a fee-paying school, although the county council provided some scholarships; it later became a non-fee paying school. In the 1960s, the school had around 400 boys and in 1974 the grammar school closed but was re-established as a sixth-form college.
The memorial commemorates men and boys from the school who died in WWI and WWII.
Needs photos and Excel sheet.